Vice President of Human Resources
Our service industry client, located in Harrisburg, PA, is seeking an individual to lead the company’s Human Resource function. The Vice President of Human Resources is responsible for providing leadership and direction to all areas of human resources, including: employee engagement, recruiting, compensation and benefits, performance management, total rewards, employee relations, organizational design, training and development, and reward/recognition, as well as establishing the strategic direction and functional integration of HR initiatives throughout the entire organization. This individual will work closely with the HR team and other senior leadership to influence and drive employee behavior and outcomes, modeling behaviors and best practices, which promote a positive workplace, drive business results, and demonstrate excellent customer service. He/she will also be responsible for developing and executing all initiatives and programs impacting the total employee experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the Human Resources Department relative to recruitment (talent acquisition), retention, compensation, benefits, employee communications, and guidance on employment laws, change management, succession planning, employee engagement, learning and leadership, and EEOC.
- Responsible for benefits planning as well as oversight of benefits administration. This includes evaluating plans, and close partnership with broker and TPA to plan, communicate, and administer annual benefits to provide competitive levels of coverage at the most cost-effective level.
- Directs activities/programs to support open and effective communication between management and the work force, and maintains a positive organizational climate. Alerts senior management to developing issues and provides a barometer of employee morale. Supports senior management in communications to employees with regard to employee benefits, compensation, rewards, organizational changes, and special events.
- Consults to, advises, and assists managers at all levels in maintaining and strengthening their effectiveness with the employees they supervise/manage and in driving effective coaching and employee engagement.
- Ensures that the company is compliant with appropriate ERISA, EEOC, state and federal laws and regulations. Keeps senior management informed of legal issues, which affect Human Resources, and helps direct the efforts of management to maintain favorable employee relations and legal compliance.
- Functions as a strategic business partner to the CEO, leadership team, and other key managers, not only filling the traditional role of HR leadership at AAA Central Penn, but also understanding the business in order to manage and mentor throughout the company.
- Oversees all aspects of employee relations; ensures company policies are administered fairly and consistently. Provides consultative support to managers and supervisors.
- Designs performance management programs and provides guidance to ensure the integrity of the program, the development of employees, and enhance employee engagement.
- Chairs Retirement Administration Committee to ensure accountability of trustee/administrator in the performance of their fiduciary responsibilities, partners with other areas of the company to ensure accurate and reliable operations consistent with the plan document.
- Serves as key contact for Human Resources and Compensation Committee Chair (Board Member Committee) by following operational charter.
- Manages all compensation programs ensuring they have a strategic focus in how they can drive the business.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 10-15 years human resources management experience
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in multiple HR disciplines
- Experience leading teams, influencing senior executives, and collaborating across all lines of business
- Proven ability to understand business strategy with the ability to translate it into solutions that support the company’s business goals.
Recruiter contact information:
Many organizations have benefited from outsourcing their HR function, which ultimately has improved their most important resource - their employees! Learn More »
Mosteller & Associates has extensive expertise and experience in both executive and regular compensation. Learn More »
The firm's depth of experience and knowledge in the executive recruiting function enables clients to acquire the right kind of expertise in filling their staffing needs. Learn More »
Mosteller & Associates provides modular based supervisory, management, and leadership development programs along with many stand-alone courses. Learn More »