Senior Vice President – Retail Lending
Position: Senior Vice President – Retail Lending
Industry: Community Bank
Our client is a nationally chartered, OCC regulated community bank that was originally organized in 1903. The bank has enjoyed strong growth and financial performance since its founding, expanding to its present asset size of over $485 million in total assets and seven retail banking locations in Northumberland and Snyder counties. The bank also has Wealth Management and Trust Services with assets under administration in excess of $150 million.
The bank is currently seeking a Senior Vice President/Retail Lending to strengthen its residential mortgage and consumer lending business unit. This is a newly created position
The bank currently offers home equity (line and loan), personal and auto loans as part of its consumer lending products. The bank also offers adjustable rate and 15-year fixed residential mortgage loans through its portfolio, as well as 30-year fixed residential mortgage loans which are held and serviced in the secondary market.
This position represents an outstanding opportunity for an experienced community-banking professional to join a well-respected organization. The successful candidate must have the experience and capabilities to guide the residential mortgage and consumer lending functions.
The SVP/Retail Lending is responsible for directing the bank’s residential mortgage and consumer lending activities; ensuring profitable lending operations; maintaining desired level of quality in the portfolio; ensuring compliance of lending activities with laws and regulations; responsible for larger credits; constantly monitoring systems to assure work is done efficiently and correctly; supervises assigned personnel.
This individual will also serve as the bank’s Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Officer.
- Oversee consumer loan, in-house residential mortgage and secondary market mortgage lending; approve larger loans or exception loans due to higher lending authority.
- Monitor and review the general residential and consumer lending activity of the bank and its lender staff to identify and correct issues of risk and non-compliance with policy or regulation.
- Supervise and assist the Vice President of Mortgage Banking in the management and implementation of the secondary market mortgage lending products.
- Work with personnel outside the lending area that provide internal loan reviews and quality control.
- Responsible for the lending policy of the bank and the compliance of personnel to that policy as well as compliance of government required lending regulations. Constantly review and read about lending regulatory changes and implement them for the bank as necessary.
- Meet with the Board on an as needed basis regarding large credit approvals
- Regularly present to Board past due accounts and collection efforts along with Resource Recovery.
- Oversee the direction of the operational aspect of the retail lending function of the bank.
- Interact with 3rd Party vendors to provide services to the lending function of the bank. (i.e. credit bureaus, lien searches, flood searches, appraisers etc.)
- Supervise the past due loan collection efforts and workout efforts of the collection personnel to effectively manage delinquency and assist in identifying troubled debt restructures (TDR).
- Serve on a “Loan Quality” committee with the President and Commercial Lending staff to identify and analyze problem loans and make recommendations for the “Allowance for Loan Losses”.
Position Candidate Requirements
- Ten to fifteen years of residential mortgage and consumer lending experience, with at least five years of management experience.
- Experience with residential mortgage and consumer credits found at a $500 million community bank.
- Prior experience drafting and implementing residential mortgage and consumer lending procedures; with exposure to the regulatory/compliance function and exam process, including the CRA function.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of “industry-standard” residential mortgage and consumer lending policies and related credit administration controls and monitoring procedures.
- Prior experience within the residential mortgage secondary market operations.
- Ability to lead and manage staff within the Retail Lending, Loan Operations and Resource Recovery (Collections) staff on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to “fit” and “embrace” the culture of the bank.
- Hard-working, goal-oriented, and highly productive. Must be accustomed to “rolling up his/her sleeves” and doing real work; not just a manager or delegator.
- Understands and advocates the use of technology to improve process and efficiency on a continuous basis.
- Position requires an undergraduate degree in Business Management, Finance or related field of study.
- National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registered or able to meet the qualifications to obtain licensing.
Recruiter contact information:
Many organizations have benefited from outsourcing their HR function, which ultimately has improved their most important resource - their employees! Learn More »
Mosteller & Associates has extensive expertise and experience in both executive and regular compensation. Learn More »
The firm's depth of experience and knowledge in the executive recruiting function enables clients to acquire the right kind of expertise in filling their staffing needs. Learn More »
Mosteller & Associates provides modular based supervisory, management, and leadership development programs along with many stand-alone courses. Learn More »