President & CEO - Non-profit Organization
Our client is a non-profit organization that supports persons with disabilities in central and eastern Pennsylvania. The new President and CEO will replace the retiring leader of 25 years, entering an organization that has a solid foundation, excellent growth and operational track record, and strong executive team. They wish to maintain the current strategic trajectory while seeking a transformational President to take the organization to its next stage of growth and success.
The President and CEO is accountable to the Board of Directors for all aspects of the mission, operations, and strategic direction, and has the responsibility for and authority over the management and leadership of all the internal operations and external affairs. This individual will also maintain and strengthen the charitable mission across its entire geography, safeguard and strengthen its financial position and sustainability, and lead and build the competence of its total workforce.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus evidence of significant further formal education or professional development such as a graduate degree, formal professional certifications, or completion of formal management/executive training programs
- At least 10 years of successful management experience in an organization of similar size and complexity, ideally in a senior management role, with significant exposure to a Board of Directors
- An inclusive, transparent leadership style both in and out of the public spotlight that inspires Board members, donors, staff, and partners in the community
- Exceptional executive presence and engaging style that draws others in and inspires
- Extensive familiarity with the legal and regulatory arena in which non-profit entities operate, coupled with in-depth knowledge of the regulatory, public policy, and funding challenges that confront non-profits focused on workforce development and disabled adults
- Demonstrated success generating revenues and finding new revenue streams to grow business
- Management of a large workforce, including different work environments and cultures
- Budget development with a strong financial background
- Experience with facility management and real estate assets
- Excellent skill in written and verbal communication, presentation, and public speaking with the ability to motivate others to act
The new President and CEO will be the senior executive overseeing the organization’s entire operations and leading its strategic initiatives, in concert with the Board of Directors. The right leader for this role will be the face of the organization and aspire to leave a legacy that will resonate with the people of the region for years to come. This is an excellent opportunity to get up every day and know that your work directly impacts the lives of the people around you – and in a way that no other organization can do.
Recruiter contact information
Many organizations have benefited from outsourcing their HR function, which ultimately has improved their most important resource - their employees! Learn More »
Mosteller & Associates has extensive expertise and experience in both executive and regular compensation. Learn More »
The firm's depth of experience and knowledge in the executive recruiting function enables clients to acquire the right kind of expertise in filling their staffing needs. Learn More »
Mosteller & Associates provides modular based supervisory, management, and leadership development programs along with many stand-alone courses. Learn More »